Chapter Outreach Officer
Are you, or someone you know, passionate about grassroots engagement, French language education, and creating positive social change?
Canadian Parents for Nova Scotia Branch is hiring a Chapter Outreach Officer. Canadian Parents for French Nova Scotia Branch is a non-profit organization promoting French-language educational and cultural opportunities for youth. CPF believes in a bilingual Canada where young people have the opportunity to learn and use both of Canada’s official languages.
Duration: Permanent, full-time. Workweek: 37.5 hours /week Application Deadline: September 22, 2017 Remuneration: Competitive salary based on experience. Position will receive medical benefits, and vacation time.
Requirement: Must be a recent university graduate!
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Chapter Development, Engagement & Support
- Organize and host training sessions for parent volunteers (in-person and online) focused on leadership development themes such as: Planning/visioning, volunteer recruitment and retention, financial management, executive board roles, strategic communications, capacity building, partnership development, fundraising, and etc.
- Provide regular guidance and support to chapters through one-on-one meetings, teleconference calls, emails, and etc.
- Attend chapter meetings and events (a few evenings per month).
- Support the development of new CPF chapters.
- Visit and work to revitalize CPF chapters that may be waning.
- Manage chapter reporting data, contact lists, etc.
- Support program development for conference workshops, facilitation and training
- Assist with school board focused advocacy through research, presentations, media, briefs on range of issues on which chapters are advocating a the local school district level
- Respond to parent questions.
- Offer research and resources to members and public as required
- Preparing and delivering presentations before a variety of decision makers if required.
Member Recruitment and Retention
- Assist Chapters with the annual Membership Drive
- Implement Branch membership recruitment and retention strategies
Public Outreach and Promotion
- Respond to general inquiries for information
- Social Media outreach & engagement.
- Participate in weekly staff meetings
- Support editing and writing needs of staff
- Preference given to individuals who demonstrate:
- Previous volunteer engagement and training experience;
- Previous experience supporting and empowering groups of volunteers (or chapters);
- Excellent English language communication skills, written and verbal. Although not required, French language skills are deemed a strong asset.
- Knowledge of the Nova Scotia public school systems in general and of French Second Language issues in particular
- Proven research skills
- Ability to work independently
- Willingness and availability to travel and to work flexible hours
- Computer literacy and database management skills
- Have a valid driver’s license and able to drive.
To apply, please send a resume to email@example.com or fax 902-455-2789. Applications will be accepted until September 22, 2017.
FRENCH SUMMER CAMP ANIMATORS NEEDED FOR AUGUST 2017
CPF Nova Scotia is searching for animators to add to our camp team for August 2017. Candidates should be available for all or one of these camp sessions: August 6-11, August 19-26 and August 26-September 1st. Please send your resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org Job requirements are posted below.
Animateurs (Le masculin est utilisé pour alléger le texte mais sans discrimination)
Organisation et animation d’activités socioculturelles pour les CPF camps 2017.
Exigences : posséder un diplôme d’études secondaires ; être responsable et dynamique ; être motivé par le travail d’animateur ; avoir de très bonnes aptitudes en relations interpersonnelles ; avoir une très bonne maîtrise du français à l’oral et à l’écrit ; démontrer que son nom ne figure pas dans le registre de cas d’enfants maltraités ; être titulaire d’un certificat en premiers soins.
Tâches : être responsable de la sécurité et du bien-être des jeunes dans les divers ateliers ayant lieu à l’extérieur de la region d’Halifax ; organiser et animer les ateliers ; coordonner les activités socioculturelles ; veiller à ce que les élèves parlent français.
STUDENT SUMMER JOB – ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
CPF NOVA SCOTIA is seeking an awesome, bilingual summer student to join us as an Administrative Assistant! This position is funded by the Summer Work Program and is open to university students returning to school in the fall. Start date is May 1, 2017 to September 1, 2017. For full details, please read the descriptions below.
To apply, please send a resume to email@example.com or fax 902-455-2789. Applications will be accepted until April 25, 2017.
The Canadian Parents for French – Nova Scotia Champion Award acknowledges excellence in those who contribute their time and efforts to our organization. CPF – Nova Scotia seeks to recognize those who motivate others and promote the goals of our organization.
Nominees should be Canadian Parents for French members or volunteers who have participated in Canadian Parents for French, Nova Scotia events and activities. Deadline for applications is June 1, 2017
Concours d’art oratoire 2017
Canadian Parents for French, Nova Scotia (CPF-NS) is looking for volunteers to judge, time keepers, emcees, and questioners at the provincial Concours d’Art Oratoire 2017 (French public speaking) on May 6, 2017.
This event hosts regional winners from French first and second language programs throughout the province. Students at the grade 5/6, 7/8, 9/10 and 11/12 levels in will compete in the categories of Core French, Integrated French, French Immersion (late, early and middle), and Francophone.
Canadian Parents for French- Nouvelle-Écosse (CPF-NÉ) a besoin des bénévoles pour juger leur Concours d’art oratoire. Cet événement est pour des gagnants régionaux des programmes de français langue maternelle et de français langue seconde autour de la province. Des étudiants aux niveaux 5/6, 7/8, 9/10 et 11/12 participeront aux catégories de français de base, français intensif (6e année), français intégré, immersion française et francophone. Les rôles qui existent pour les bénévolats sont : juges, intervieweurs, animateurs, et les chronométreurs.
La date du concours est samedi le 6 mai 2017 à l’Université de Mont Saint Vincent.
Contact the branch office for further information and volunteer forms or register online to volunteer.
Each year, Canadian Parents for French – Nova Scotia provides an opportunity for over 500 students across Nova Scotia to attend French camp, a week-long immersion in the French language. Canadian Parents for French – Nova Scotia is presently accepting applications for Junior Counsellor positions.
As a Junior Counsellor, students will be responsible to:
Ø stay in cabins with younger campers, and a Senior Counsellor.
Ø assist in camp programs (ie. skits, afternoon activities, games, waterfront supervision).
Ø be required to speak only in French to ensure that the experience is as enriching as possible for the campers.
Ø be able to network, and meet other high school French immersion students from across Nova Scotia.
Ø have room and board expenses paid for the duration of camp covered by CPF.
Ø be responsible for your own transportation to and from the camp grounds.
Ø receive an honorarium of $200 from CPF per week. Returning Junior Counsellors will receive a $225 honorarium per week.
Ø have a wonderful week of being with younger students, and having fun!
Applicants must be a minimum of 16 years old. The Canadian Parents for French, Nova Scotia Camp Coordinator will be calling the applicants for interviews once they have an idea of camper enrollment.
Deadline to apply, May 12, 2017