Chapter Outreach Officer
Are you, or someone you know, passionate about grassroots engagement, French language education, and creating positive social change?
Canadian Parents for Nova Scotia Branch is hiring a Chapter Outreach Officer. Canadian Parents for French Nova Scotia Branch is a non-profit organization promoting French-language educational and cultural opportunities for youth. CPF believes in a bilingual Canada where young people have the opportunity to learn and use both of Canada’s official languages.
Duration: Permanent, full-time.
Workweek: 37.5 hours /week
Application Deadline: November 9, 2018
Remuneration: Starting salary $30,000. Position receives medical benefits, and vacation time.
Requirement: Must be a recent university graduate!
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Chapter Development, Engagement & Support
- Organize and host training sessions for parent volunteers (in-person and online) focused on leadership development themes such as: Planning/visioning, volunteer recruitment and retention, financial management, executive board roles, strategic communications, capacity building, partnership development, fundraising, and etc.
- Provide regular guidance and support to chapters through one-on-one meetings, teleconference calls, emails, and etc.
- Attend chapter meetings and events (a few evenings per month).
- Support the development of new CPF chapters.
- Visit and work to revitalize CPF chapters.
- Manage chapter reporting data, contact lists, etc.
- Support program development for conference workshops, facilitation and training.
- Assist with regional Centre for Education focused advocacy through research, presentations, media, briefs on range of issues on which chapters are advocating at the local school and regional Centre for Education level.
- Respond to parent questions.
- Offer research and resources to members and public as required.
- Preparing and delivering presentations before a variety of decision makers if required.
Member Recruitment and Retention
- Assist Chapters with recruitment of volunteers and organizing annual Membership Drive.
- Implement Branch membership recruitment and retention strategies.
Public Outreach and Promotion
- Respond to general inquiries for information.
- Social Media outreach & engagement.
- Participate in weekly staff meetings.
- Support editing and writing needs of staff.
Preference given to individuals who demonstrate:
- Previous volunteer engagement and training experience.
- Previous experience supporting and empowering groups of volunteers.
- Excellent English language communication skills, written and verbal. Although not required, French language skills are deemed a strong asset.
- Knowledge of the Nova Scotia public school system and of French Second Language issues.
- Proven research skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Willingness and availability to travel and to work flexible hours.
- Computer literacy and database management skills.
- Have a valid driver’s license and able to drive.
How to apply:
Please send a cover letter, current resume and a copy of your diploma to:
Rebecca Lancaster, [email protected]